Τρίτη 7 Ιανουαρίου 2020

Systemic inflammation status at admission affects the outcome of intracerebral hemorrhage by increasing perihematomal edema but not the hematoma growth

Systemic inflammation status at admission affects the outcome of intracerebral hemorrhage by increasing perihematomal edema but not the hematoma growth:

Abstract

Acute stress and inflammation responses are associated with worse outcomes in intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH) but the precise mechanisms involved are unclear. We evaluated the effect of neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio (NLR) in ICH outcome, with focus on hematoma expansion and early cerebral edema. In a retrospective study, we included all patients with primary ICH admitted to our center within 24-h from symptom onset from January 2014 to February 2015. We retrieved demographic and medical history data, Glasgow Coma Scale scores, blood cell counts, glucose, and C-reactive protein, and calculated NLR. We obtained hematoma volumes by computerized planimetry. Outcomes included independence at 90 days (modified Rankin scale 0–2), mortality at 30 days, significant hematoma expansion (> 33% or > 6 mL) and early cerebral edema causing significant midline shift (> 2.5 mm) at 24 h. We included 135 patients. NLR independently associated with independence at 90 days (adjusted odds ratio (aOR) 0.79, 95% CI 0.67–0.93, p = 0.006) significant cerebral edema (aOR 1.08, 95%CI 1.01–1.15, p = 0.016) but not hematoma expansion (aOR 0.99, 95%CI 0.94–1.04, p = 0.736). The severity of midline shift was positively correlated with NLR (adjusted beta = 0.08, 95% CI 0.05–0.11, p < 0.001). In ICH, an immediate and intense systemic inflammatory response reduces the likelihood of a better functional outcome at 90 days, which is more likely to be explained by perihematomal edema growth than due to a significant hematoma expansion. These findings could have implications in new treatment strategies and trial designs, which endpoints tend to target exclusively hematoma enlargement.

1 σχόλιο:

  1. Herpes is a serious and recurrent disease that cannot be cured by American doctors through medication or injections, but the best way to deal with herpes is to take medicinal plants for permanent treatment. I am here to appreciate Dr. James for his use. An herbal remedy for treating my herpes virus. I have been living with this virus for about 3 years and 6 months and it was a really serious problem for me, I was so confused that I was taking some medication for treatment but all my efforts were in vain, I sat down one morning via the internet and then saw some testimonials about That Dr James was treating people from the herpes virus / HIV and AIDS and I immediately contacted Dr. James at his email: drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com. I told him about my problems and he told me he needed to be cured. He gave me instructions and what I followed correctly, so he prepared a herbal remedy and sent me what I had used for three weeks and was cured. Everything was a dream for me and my herpes disappeared forever. Thank you Dr. James and maybe you have more strength and wisdom to heal more. I don't know if there is a person who is infected with the herpes virus, or any kind of disease, LIKE ... Diabetes, Cancer, HIV / AIDS, Herpes, Hepatitis A&B, Cardiac Diseases, Chronic Diseases, Jaundice, Epilepsy, Lupus, Brain, Spinal Peat, eczema, kidney disease, ACME, posterior penile, dengue schizophrenia, Get in touch with Dr. James and relieve your illnesses because he is a very good and honest herbal doctor, he also known as the herbal root godfather. Contact him now by email: drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com whatsapp or call him at +2348152855846

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή

Αρχειοθήκη ιστολογίου