Πέμπτη 26 Μαρτίου 2020

Pre-Ablation rhTSH-Stimulated F-18 FDG PET/CT Changes Patient Management in Increased-Risk Thyroid Cancer

Pre-Ablation rhTSH-Stimulated F-18 FDG PET/CT Changes Patient
Management in Increased-Risk Thyroid Cancer
:

Horm Metab Res 2020; 52: 158-167
DOI: 10.1055/a-1111-8927

The aim of the study was to evaluate the clinical impact of pre-ablation
rhTSH-stimulated fluorine-18 fluorodeoxyglucose (F-18 FDG) PET/CT in
addition to post-therapeutic whole body radioiodine scanning in patients
with intermediate to high risk differentiated thyroid carcinoma (DTC). This
was a retrospective single center study including 73 patients with thyroid
cancer (44 females, mean age 43.2±16.2 years, 62% papillary,
31% follicular, 7% poorly differentiated). All patients
underwent ablative radioiodine treatment (mean activity: 3661±673
MBq I-131) using rhTSH after thyroidectomy and lymph node (LN) dissection
(01/2013–10/2016) and TSH-stimulated F-18 FDG
PET/CT (4 MBq/kg body weight, low dose CT). Post-treatment
I-131 whole body scan (I-131 WBS) was obtained 9 days afterwards in planar
technique and in case of equivocal or abnormal findings using
SPECT/CT. Thirty-one patients (42%) showed F-18 FDG avid
lesions, 14 patients showed more FDG than iodine positive lesions and 5
patients more iodine positive lesions in I-131 WBS, respectively.
Fifty-three patients showed identical F-18 FDG PET/CT and I-131 WBS.
The initial treatment plan was changed from follow-up to therapy (surgery,
systemic therapy using tyrosine-kinase inhibition) in 11 patients
(15%) on the basis of F-18 FDG PET/CT imaging. Six of these
11 patients had papillary thyroid cancer. Three patients with histologically
proven LN metastases had stimulated
thyroglobulin-levels<2.0 ng/ml. Our study
demonstrated a clinical benefit of pre-ablation rhTSH-stimulated F-18 FDG
PET/CT imaging in about 20% of patients with intermediate to
high risk DTC, leading to change in patient management in 15%.
[...]

© Georg Thieme Verlag KG Stuttgart · New York

Article in Thieme eJournals:
Table of contents  |  Abstract  |  open access Full text

1 σχόλιο:

  1.  I am overwhelm with joy and happiness and i am happy to share this with you all around the world about how Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME cured HERPES VIRUS...ever since i was diagnosed of Herpes virus in 2015, I was always thinking on how  I can get a solution out of my body so that i can be okay again. Until One day I went online on the internet to know more about the Herpes Virus i came across a Review Comment many people are saying that Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME cured their Herpes Genital Virus, I did not believe, i search again and i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from HPV AND HIV by Dr.CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME..and i decided to contact Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME to Help and i told him about my HERPES illness he told me not to worry about,that he is going to send me his herbal medicine and actually he did.i took the medicine just as prescribe by him, he told me to go for check up in the hospital which i did and to my great surprise my Doctor told me the Herpes Virus was no longer there, all thank to you sir Dr CHUKWU MADU HERBAL HOME, contact his WhatsApp Number: +2347030936239 .His email: dr.chukwumaduherbalhome@gmail.com. His herbs are very powerful and has no side effects. He can cured all kinds of Viruses, diseases, sicknesses.

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή

Αρχειοθήκη ιστολογίου