Κυριακή 6 Οκτωβρίου 2019

Imiquimod to prevent keloid recurrence post excision

Imiquimod to prevent keloid recurrence post excision: A systematic review and meta‐analysis:

Abstract

Imiquimod 5% cream, an immune response modifier capable of inducing IFN‐α, TNF‐α and interleukins 1, 6 and 8. It was approved for use in the management of genital and perianal warts and soon embraced as a method to diminish the recurrence of keloids post excision. A previous meta‐analysis included four studies. This meta‐analysis is part of a larger systematic review project on the effect of moisturisers on scars. It was conducted following an a priori protocol and the guidance of the Joanna Briggs Institute. Databases searched included PubMed, CINAHL, Embase and Web of Science. After screening and critical appraisal, subgroup meta‐analysis on excision method and location of the keloid was conducted using the Miller approach for proportional meta‐analysis and a random effects model. Seven studies, including 77 participants and 82 keloids were included. Meta‐analysis revealed a recurrence rate of 39% (95% CI = 8.4% to 74.4%; I2=87.5%) following application of Imiquimod post excision. The use of primary excision or tangential excision did not alter the outcome. For analysis based on the location of the keloid scar, earlobe keloids had a recurrence rate of 5.4% (95% CI=0% to 21.7%; I2=52.9 %). For keloids excised from other areas (predominantly on the trunk) recurrence rate was higher, at 76.8% (95% CI = 36.1% to 100%). For keloids, Imiquimod application post excision results in highly variable recurrence rates. There is very low certainty in the effect of Imiquimod and it therefore is not recommended as a treatment option.

This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved.

1 σχόλιο:

  1. I was diagnosed with COPD with 55-60% lung capacity and HPV, My doctor just said all the crying , stomping your feet will not change it so just accept it and basically patted me on the back and sent me home to die. I was devastated and was afraid to do anything. I stopped riding my bike, I was afraid to do anything that would cause any exertion. It consumed my thoughts with every breath and the fear of what to expect was almost more than I could deal with. So I couldn't get myself all time I decided to find a herbal cure online and I came across Doctor Itua on how he cure several people suffering from Hiv, and Herpes I gave him a call on this Number +2348149277967 also chat on whatsapp he gave me all the details about the cure i paid him for the medicine after 5 working days i receive my herbal medicine ,I use it for two weeks that is how I get Cured and today I'm living healthy and fine I give him thanks also promise him to testify about his work,He Can also cure the following diseases..Copd,Herpes,Alzheimer's disease,carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Parkinson's ,Epilepsy,Cancer,HPV,Wart Remover,Ance,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis,diabetes,Coeliac disease,Infertility, Asthma.Contact...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com..Whatsapp Number...+2348149277976

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή

Αρχειοθήκη ιστολογίου